Wednesday, April 30, 2008


The Duality of John McCain


There are lot’s of things I question about John McCain.


Will the real John McCain please step up?

We know you’re out there, John; we just don’t know who you are since you transmogrified into what, Little Bush?

John seemed like an interesting critter years ago when he seemed to rebel from the standard republican line.

I gasped. Is he a real man? Does he really stand up?

Or is this just hyper bull. A dodge for the news guys that snap at his heels?

I guess I was fooled.

I found out that a lot of things John McCain once said, are now long lost concepts that were never really realized. In blunter words, he was the ‘great pretender.’

Many things come to mind that confirm this.

Consider his remarks about not pandering to anybody seeking his favor. Sure, John, is that in your mind? .

Of course there were plenty of exceptions, including one lovely who graced his cabin on a flight west. Those kind of things, the details, don’t seem to count much in John’s lexicon.

And on and on.

Okay, let’s cut him some slack. I am sure that there’s a lot of things John has done for the people. Like approve the minimum wage. Like stand up for equal pay. Like the GI Bill.

No, okay. Let’s forget that.

So, on balance, viewing what’s John’s said and done, we come up with a whole different scenario.

What I have concluded is that John is either the biggest liar in the world or he’s completely out of his mind.

I’m not sure what position in my mind he occupies at this point.

In that respect, he seems more like the Bush we’ve had to contend with than a guy you’d want in your foxhole.

Actually, dare I say it, McCain could turn out to be even worse than Bush. (I never thought I would live to see anyone worse than Nixon, but live and learn.) He would be worse because he seems like a nice guy, then he stabs you in the chest and cuts your medical benefits.

And John is both disconnected and insensitive it turns out; not good signs.

And reminiscent of Bush I, who checked his watch during the debate and practically stifled a yawn when some poor soul was pouring out her heart to him about how she could not afford to pay the medical bills.

Next shot, Bush I riding his cigarette boat off of his home in Maine after being totally amazed about how a scanner works. (They’d only been out about twenty years at that point.).

Another compassionate prictoid. (my word, but it resonates!)

If you track the history of the Bush’s, you will discover that these are a heartless, self-interested people.

Dare I say that there is a reason that McCain is looking increasingly like the long lost member of the family.

But don’t let McCain fool you.

He can lie to your face as he talks to you.

Look at the absurd scene in Baghdad last when he tried to convince everyone that the marketplace was much safer ‘this visit,’ even though he was surrounded by 200 uniformed guards and several helicopters and who knew what else.

Sure, it was safer now; the Shia’ had come in and wiped out the owners of all the stalls that talked to McCain and his troops.

So far, he hasn’t made much sense about business either and as I see it, he’s willingly going to dig us a deeper hole by making the Bush tax cuts for the rich permanent—even though they didn’t do a damned thing to get the economy moving again.

Like I say, he’s either the biggest liar on two feet or somebody who shouldn’t be allowed out in public.

Frankly, I can’t understand why he is enjoying parity with the democratic candidates.

Something is dangerously wrong here.

Is it possible that there’s enough stupid people around to give this liar and/or crazy man the election.

If that’s the case, I am writing NASA immediately as a volunteer for their first mission to Mars.

It will probably be the safest place around and I won’t have to listen to this imbecility any more.

Anyway, there are a couple of books I’ve been meaning to read.

Les Aaron
The Armchair Curmudgeon


Politics Blog Top Sites

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home