Friday, February 08, 2008

What Hillary Hatred is All About!

Yes, sometimes it is easy to forget what the real world is like and thanks for reminding us.

I have moved out of my solid bastion of liberalism into an area that is conservative even in its democratic values, a place that is pretty homogeneous when it comes to good old-fashioned values. To survive, one has to embrace a kind of empathetic all encompassing point of view.
Many of my good republican friends tell me that they hate Bush and with the same breath, tell me that they could never imagine voting for Hillary.

Why the antipathy towards Hillary?

I can't imagine why....unless she is symbolic of all the things antithical to the South and I don't mean just politics.

Hillary is too liberal for the South; she is too out-spoken, perhaps, too anti-South in her outspoken in her values and attitudes; the same things that make her attractive in the north, work against her in the tradition-bound old fashioned, courtly ways of the South which are unfortunately laden with bias and hatreds.

I think it is harder for the average southern republican to consider voting for an outspoken woman than to support a black. Believe it or not.


I don't live in the south and I don't think I could ever live in places like Missippi or Tennesssee, or Alabama because they seem to be so entrenched in their religious values and dictating what the rest of us should do with their bodies and their offspring; although they are perfectly happy with perpetual wars and simply ignoring the needs of those less fortunate.

It is a curious state of mind.

I am not as bound by tradition as I am for the need to move forward in every way possible with our international relations, our commitment to the environment, and our technology to make us number one again. And I advocate doing what it takes; not listen to the babble of some Evangelical preacher who is going to tell me how to live my life which i think is pretty good, thank you. Not that I believe that every Evangelical preacher pleads war against the value-less crowds and dictates what I or my wife should be doing with her body.

When I was exploring the possibility of moving to Charlotte, my friends there told me that you never really get to know all the people you say, "hello" to. If you don't belong to their church, they may say hello but you will never be invited to their home.

In New York, we weren't so polite, but you always knew where you stood.

And you may not agree with your neighbor's point of view but that was okay.


I am of two states of mind on this.....


One, I am inclined to say screw you to those who would dictate to me t who to support because of their self-righteous stands; on the other hand, I am determined that we win. And that trumps everything else.

Les Aaron


Politics Blog Top Sites

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home