Wednesday, October 12, 2005

From My Conservative Friend's Blog: THE CURMUDGEON AND THE GEEZER...

THE CURMUDGEON & THE GEEZER

This is taken out of my conservative friend's blog and I thought was so entertaining, I am publishing it here for all to read. My friend, who has been living in southwest Texas for longer than I can remember, may have a different perspective on things than I do as you will discover but we both recognize that there's a need for the "old geezer" and "the curmudgeon" to keep an eye on things to keep our government straight in the best interests of democratic government.

Here's the excerpt. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did reading it...

Wednesday, October 12, 2005
The CURMUDGEON&THE GEEZERI have an old friend by the name of Les. We were in high school together , and graduated , a long time ago. 1954 to be exact. He's a curmudgeon , but at his age he can be . I think he's a grumpy old curmudgeon. Me I'm just an old geezer, At our age I guess we become one or the other and we look at things different, and thats good. But I thimk I'd rather be a geezer. He likes to criticize our government , its policies and the people taking care of thoes policies , from the top down. He watches for them to make mistakes then he goes for the throat. AND THAT IS A GOOD THING , as Martha would say. It lets the people running our Gov't know that they are being watched. And I beleive he works both sides of the fence. And my friend is good at what he does. Politics is a passion for him for me it is not , only when the Gov't does something that ticks me off. Les and I can watch our Gov't better now because we don't have job to worry about or a family to raise ,that tends to get in the way of a watch dog. The other day he jumped on Mr. Delay , probably has good cause too. But to me he done may be against the law in Texas but alright in another state. So that doesn't bother me all that much To me it's just one Party trying to drag down the other Party. And in doing so they don't do our country any good. It just gives our enemies more ammunition to crticize and drag us down. My Curmudgeon friend also criticzed the man who made the deal with the cruise ships . to give the Katrina refugees a place to live for how long I don;t know , I guess untill the two hundred and sixty five million dollars. runs out . Neither of us were in the room when that deal was made , but when I heard it the only thing I could think of is ,"There's a Corporation that is making a windfall profit." and some one is getting a kick back . I wonder who , and if it will be split among thoes involved. In my mind I'm thinking that the President said to his secretary get thoes people food, clothing and shelter. And the Cruise line saw an easy profit and made a offer . I'm also thinking that this cruise line doesn't want these ships any more. Just think fifteen hundred welfare people on a cruise ship with the attudide that the Government "Owes me." and " This is how the Rich man lives." The Crews must have been thinking Mutiny , and get the C E O and make him walk the plank. Fifteen hundred people on a cruise ship in the middle of the Gulf and another Hurricane comes in and t h e r e s n o p l a c e t o g o. The Sharks would be thing "CHOW TIME." There would be a school of sharks following that ship ten miles long . Maybe that was the plan. And while we are on the subject I learned the other day that in some respects that it is cheaper to live on a cruise ship than in a nurseing home. Heck why not , you have three hots a day plus a twenty four hour snack bar. Entertainment every night. A Hosp of limitid means but a Hosp. Movies , Tv a library ,dancing every night an open bar, and if you are still into the sex thing , you would be like a kid in a candy shop and every thing is free. Woo Hoo.Back to the ship. I would like to know ,that if these rooms are not used by the refugees when this is all over , is the cruise line going to give our Gov't a refund . Or will we be billed as the staterooms are used. and will we be billed for any damages that are done. I'm an OLD GEEZER and that's how I think . And I think I have more fun at it than an OLD CURMUDGEON , even tho he is more versed at this than I am. Old Geezer's and Old Crumudgeon can live in the same space ,and still have fun doing it . We can be a thorn in the side of Gov't , we have to be , to keep them straight. Peter B. Free
# posted by Peter B Free @ 2:36 PM 0 comments
Saturday, October 08, 2005

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home