Friday, March 30, 2007

The Party Where Some Seem To Be A Little More Equal Than Others...

Politics Blog Top Sites

I joined the Unity 08 group to see what it was all about.

The first thing I did was enter the forum and when I looked at many of the subjects, I thought here was an opportunity to discuss the new treaty among Canada, the USA and Mexico.

I find the secrecy surrounding this whole issue very troubling and put together a new subject for discussion.

Here's the status: To date, it was ruled inappropriate.

Inappropriate? A treaty that is going to create an economic juggernaut that operates within the USA where there is no oversight, where American rules and law do not apply?

There is something wrong here. I am starting to get that feeling that the Unity Party is a party of those who don't want to rock the boat, a party that believes we should all come together and do things in a republican way.

Is this another smokescreen thrown up by the republicans like underwriting the Green Party in the past to dilute the efforts of the democrats who want to bring change and responsibility back to the party?

I don't know; but I am suspicious.

I don't like being told on the one hand that this is a forum and then see my subject treated as N/A.

If this party is truly a party that hopes to come together, why should there be censorship? Why shouldn't the people be allowed to decide for themselves what is appropriate and not appropriate.

It reminds me of a republican pushing democracy where some are a little more equal than others....

We shall see. But this experience sent chills down my spine.

Be wary, my friends, of things that sound too good!

Les Aaron

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home