Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Blue Or Red?

I don't know whether I'm blue or red anymore or even any one color--probably more purple...

I do know that my face gets read every time I see Mr. S**t for Brains on TV with his insults to my intelligence. I've already kicked in my share of TV's but they say that's better than getting apoplexy and rolling around the floor screaming
"I hate that son of a bitch!"
And I know I get blue every time they try to con me with how well the Amercan economy is doing when every time I flip on the TV I see another big manufacturer going overseas so he doesn't have to pay taxes and can buy labor by the penny...

I also get blue every time I think of how we've abused the environment, dug up our beautiful country for a few drops of oil or to steal our heritage of ancient growth trees and it makes me blue to see how we've poisoned the air and made the water undrinkable.

I get a little red in the face, however, when Bush & Company tell me that I'm a traitor because I don't buy his program of intimidation and control. I get red, too, when I hear the crap about his values being better than my own. I get red when he tells me I'm not a patriot when I've served my country in two wars...whereas he and his cabal have avoided service to their country every chance they got.

I get red also when they try insulting my intelligence about how good everything is...I don't think it's too good for those tens of thousands of young men and women who were killed in a needless war!....I don't think it's too good for the families of 9/11 who realize that this disaster could have been avoided if these arrogant pups had bothered to look at what was going on around them.... I don't think it's good for the 46 million Americans who don't have health care. I don't think it's good for the 37 million families who live below the poverty level. I don' think it's good for the rest of us who are paying outrageous prices for prescription drugs and health care depriving many of us of the basic essentials of life. I don't think it's good that we can't balance the budget; that we are investing hundreds of billions of dollars in a Star Wars program that's laughable when we could be educating our children so that they can get good jobs. I don't think it's good when all the quality jobs are moving offshore or that we're helping India put together a nuclear program in exchange for imports of some Indian fruit. I don't think it's good that tens of thousands who went to help during 9/11 are coming down with all kinds of diseases and the government says that the results of most studies pinpointing blame is inconclusive. No, I don't think any of these things are good!

I get blue thinking about how much hope I had under Clinton. I think about how Clinton put us on a sound footing again and really cared about the condition of his fellow man.

And I can't help getting red in the face when I think about how this cabal only thinks about itself and its own interests and doesn't care one whit about the rest of the people of this once great country-- a government that would sooner sell us out than lose a penny of profit.

I am red in the face, too, because this government thinks that I owe them some loyalty. I don't. You don't. Loyalty is something that needs to be deserved. And we don't owe this government one red cent!

Les Aaron
The Committee for Positive Change
www.lesaaron.blogspot.com

Politics Blog Top Sites

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home