Friday, January 27, 2006

What's New...

From the Hubmaster:

" I'm involved with some wonderful mailing lists with some of the best people ever to grace the Internet but I am guessing that some folks who get my mail may secretly harbor the feeling that I'm some escaped left wing radical from the French and Indian Wars... For them and those purists who really kind of like staying plugged in to my brand of news and views, I am starting my own micromanaged mailing list...at least me and the guys. And I intend to keep it small and on a human scale but we will cover the planet; no subjects will be safe.

To tell you the truth, I got the idea from my efforts to pull together a grass-roots platform and going through the motions of preparing petititions. Hey, remember last time. There was no platform from what I could gather. And we badly need one but getting two dems to agree on one thing is like pulling teeth. Nevertheless, that's one of our missions. We are going to work on that grass-roots platform right up to the election but, of course, by then the politicians will be on their own. We want to get to them before and get them to thinking. To add to their grief I'm making available through Lulu my book that spells out what people of good spirit really need to do to take back the White House. This is a Herculean effort that has occupied me days and nights and I think it is damn good! So if you want an autographed copy, let me know before I place my personal order for 500 books. Therefore, among other things, this site will be involved in preparing our own wish list, which I will ask a vote on, and then preparing a petition which will be filed with the DNC. This is not going to be any small potatoes either because it will be broadsided to many of the groups I am affiliated with, Radio Left and others....

This is a national platform of course and I would like your best thinking on it. We are compiling ideas and opinions now and we will be accepting ideas for the next 90 days!

Also, I will use this site to promote the Blog that seems to be doing very well on its own, thank you. We try to keep this as updated as possible with current info that you might not get to see elsewhere or to try a different spin in the spirit of positive change.

Among the things we are doing is toying with a new organization called the 08 committee for positive change. And that has kept me busy on the local scene, too.

In toto, some of our stuff is pretty incisive but where possible we try to inject some humor, a little satire or whatever to keep our remarks fresh and on-target. We are also influenced by what you say and think. And we will also continue with our outlandish poems, our home-spun political cartoons, photos and nostalgia and as a vehicle for your remarks and thoughts that will help to keep the site lively, informative and targeted on the job ahead!"

Hey, if you'd like to be considered for mailing list hari-kari, drop me a note at hubmaster@aol.com... and tell me about yourself and why you want to get on the list.

Take care...

Les A

Politics Blog Top Sites

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home