Thursday, April 10, 2008

The War to End All War...


Ugh!

My ulcers are bothering me again.

Not a good sign.


But every time Bush says “Iran” in his downhome twang,

I want to go to the bathroom and take a package of Tums.

This guy really gives me the fidgets.

You see, my dad already fought in the War to end all Wars.

And he’s been dead for forty years!

I don’t take casually to the idea of War….since there are always other options.

The only ones who like wars are the ones who’ve never been in them….

But this guy has a little voice in his ear that tells him, “Just one more, Georgie, boy!

Just one more. And we’ll be home free!”

That’s the problem of chosing a president who has no useful brain cells left.


I know that deep in his heart, the moment we all turn our backs,
We’ll be going in.

After all, what does this man have to lose.

His daughters aren’t over there.

His brothers aren’t over there.

And all those military folks are how shall I put it disposable the same way all Democrats are.

I’ve been in some pretty bad spots but never with somebody I didn’t trust or respect.

And I’m afraid I don’t respect or trust this guy to keep the peace.

He is already stopping the rotation of troops due to come home.

I think Petraeus and he have a pretty good thing going….

Every six months, it’s same old/same old.

We’re getting there. Or so we are told.

The incrementalism is killing me. Inch by inch, we are getting nowhere fast.

McCain was right. At the rate we’re going, it will be another one hundred years.

By then, we’ll probably be a desert crumbling, too….


Okay, I guess when Burns, from the New York Times, and

Ware, the former Time magazine Bureau Chief in Iraq tell you something,
You’ve got to listen.

They are about the only two I trust to give me the real low-down on what’s happening.

The rest are show boats or kiss-ups to the power structure.

And I trust them as much as I do Bush & Company.

It’s pretty sad to think that a man who none of us really trust,

Is in a position to start another War.

What’s the matter?

Have we all collectively lost our bloody minds?

The two he has aren’t enough?

And he can’t win them.

So, we are supposed to go along with him?

A pox on the houses of all those who voted with him to support the prospects of another War that we can’t afford.

Too bad, nobody can add up the numbers.

Almost a trillion dollars….

And the lives of over 4,000 men and women.

Snatched from their young lives..

Plus, how many wounded? They won’t tell you but guaranteed, it’s over 50,000 by my modest calculations if you just average out the reports.

Nontheless, Mr. S**t for Brains goes on and on.

What is he trying to do?

Get people to forget what a mess he’s made already?

You don’t make it better by trying again.

Hasn’t anybody told him?

In the meantime, our educational system crumbles, we fall
behind on science and technology, our jobs flow to Bangladesh and our kids can’t add up two and two without a calculator….

Sad. Very sad.

By the time, we get our candidates ready to take over, one wonders whether
there will be anything left to take over….


Les Aaron



Politics Blog Top Sites

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home