Monday, December 31, 2007

"Stream of Consciousness...."


This is a year of lot's of firsts.

I can't remember a campaign starting so early.

I can't remember when there wasn't an incumbent.


I can't remember when each side had three contenders who were so awfully close.

Or a Primary date so early in the New Year.

There are lots of milestones in this Primary and Election Year.

And nobody seems to know what it means...


Many of the Talking Heads just seem to blather on showing how stupid they really are
or how inexperienced at politics or how biased....


What comes out of this is a real horse race.

There is a science to this whole thing to be sure but
I don't think everyone has mastered the fundamentals.

I think Edwards has figured out the Caucus system and I wish he would explain it
to the rest of us....

I still think Huckerbee is the most gifted when it comes to speaking the language of the people;

unfortunately, that masks a whole range of sins that do not fulfill what I believe is essential in a fair candidate who
will represent all sides...

The more I see Obama, the more I believe that he needs more seasoning before running....

Both Dodd and Biden deserve more recognition than they get...

and the jury's out on Hillary because maybe she's put more emphasis on winning than being honest...

I don't know....


I can't imagine anyone voting for a flip flopper like Mitt or the self professed war hero, Giuliani who never saw a conflict he didn't like.


I think Giuliani has taken the wrong strategy and I think he will pay for it.


That leaves McCain. He was smart to stick to his guns; I think it will benefit him in New Hampshire and he could pull a surprise win.


His Achilles heel, of course, is his adamant position on the War; it all depends how that goes over...

Otherwise, it's a crap shoot with a lot hanging on what happens in Iowa and New Hampshire.

I'll try to think about something else tonight and wait for the countdown beginning tomorrow to the Primary on Thursday.



Les Aaron






Politics Blog Top Sites

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home