Sunday, February 05, 2006

Poem for a New Millennium

I find it hard to know
Where it’s all going to go…
I don’t mean
The gang from Kabul
But the fool
From the Cabal

They let us know they snoop
On who? Those of us
Out of the loop!
It would seem most impolite
To violate our constitutional
Mandate…

It’s discouraging to be without laws
And it encourages me to lock my doors
Living in this tyrannical age
Has me all enraged!...
Instead of hugging all I see
My paranoia’s getting the best of me…

Things seem to be going from bad to worse
I guess we’re witnessing
The Right Wing’s curse
Instead of thanking science
For all it’s done
It’s the narrow view
That’s really won!

Sort of like what led
To the Greeks demise
When the Pythagoreans
were thought so wise…
And like them, the only news
Will be how quickly
we’ve disappear from view…

For the meantime we pretend
To listen fully
To this unapologetic bully
Who informs us all is going well
Like promises on the road to Hell!

Can we really stay the course
When it’s clear that all is lost?
Can we stay well-oiled?
And risk sacrificing the world?
Questions that seem to have little
Answer
Like finding a solution for cancer…


Three more years of this
Dropping expectations and rising hubris
Are enough to leave any one in tears
As we guestimate our future in
Remaining light years…

Les AaronPolitics Blog Top Sites

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home