Saturday, October 15, 2005


Politics Blog Top Sites For some reason traveling through Tuscany brought back old conversations with Angel Flores who I was pleased to have for two years when I was taking Spanish. Flores could make Cervantes come alive and he was personally a glorious person of world stature...
Tuscany's golds and greens were so different than any colors that I had seen before and some of the Walled cities that dated back to the fourteenth century that rose high above the plains were a fitting subject for this abstract interpretation that I recalled from memory. It is an acrylic mixed with Spanish putty, a very dangerous substance to use because of its toxity but it gives this abstract painting a kind of luminousity and density that tend to capture the eye and keep it there. I always find new dimensions in it. I like it because it is rough and not fussed over and seems to undulate in various planes to keep me visually stimulated and occupied. I associate it mostly with Flores, the famous interpreter of Don Quijote, and the country around the old cities in Tuscany...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home